Sunday, January 27, 2008

Well another race season is about to kick off. I'm not actually going to be racing until March 1st, but I consider our first training camp/team get together as the start to the 2008 season, and therefore calls for a blog update. Tomorrow (bright and early) I head to the airport for my flight to Greenville, SC where I'll be for the next 10 days with the entire team putting in some solid rides and getting to know the new guys. I've been ready to head to warmer climates since the fall. but this past week has be especially brutal. Temps dipped to the -20's, which meant I was riding the rollers inside all week. Needless to say riding outside in spring like weather will be a very welcome, and necessary change. Another sweet thing about this trip besides the weather will be getting new stuff. Our race bikes will be there so we'll be able to log some miles on those and dial them in. This year we are riding Argon 18, they make some pretty sweet rides, especially their TT bike.

After the camp I come back home for a couple weeks, and then it's off to Europe to start bike racing. Our first race (I think) is a one day UCI race in Belgium on March 1st.

I won't have my laptop at the camp because it decided to break a couple weeks ago, but luckily I still have a couple months left on the warranty so I should have it back soon. I will have my camera so I'll try and post some pics, but I will have to jack someones comp when their not looking.

No comments: